The vital (but boring) bit – Terms & Conditions
1. Period of Hire. Letting begins on the agreed time on the day of arrival and terminates at the agreed time on the day of departure (the exact times will be confirmed due to the tides). Hire is on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise agreed. The maximum period of let is 3 weeks. The property is let solely for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form.
2. Experience with boats and engines. The contract of hire is on the basis that the leaser has prior experience with boats, and is familiar with outboards. The leaser will ensure that lifejackets will be worn by all members of the party when making the crossing to Ardnish, and on all other boating trips made during the period of hire. All lettings are on the basis that the prior experience of boats and engines detailed on the enquiry form is an accurate and true representation of fact / experience.
3. Booking & Payment. Availability is as shown on the webpage. A firm booking is accepted following completion of the booking information by email with confirmation by return from the owners of availability. The deposit of £250 per week secures a booking. Alternatively a cheque payable to Ardnish Estate will also be acceptable.
The balance of the hire charge shall be payable 8 weeks prior to the first day of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. Any bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking.
4. Acceptable methods of payment are:
a. Payment by electronic banking
b. Cheque drawn on a UK bank account or cash.
5. Confirmation. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Client is responsible for the full hire charge.
6. Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the Client, the Owners will endeavour to re-let the property for the period of hire. In the event of a shortfall, the money realised will be returned (with any deduction of the additional costs e.g ebay and PayPal costs incurred).. If cancellation occurs and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee (or deposit – if no final fee has been paid) will be forfeited by the Client. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
7. Availability. If the property cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the entire hire charge (with no deductions) will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
8. Services. Use of calor gas, one bag of coal and fuel for the wood burning stoves are all included in the weekly tariff. Petrol and coal will be billed at cost. A bill of the outstanding balance will be given on the final day of your holiday. Payment in full must be made only by cash or cheque on the day.
9. Number of Persons using the properties. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed the maximum number of 5 (or other formally agreed number). Sub-letting is strictly prohibited.
10. Complaints & Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact the Owners as soon as possible and we will attempt to rectify the problem.
11. Breakage or Damage. For the benefit of the next Clients staying in the house, please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. We do not charge for breakages or damage occurring as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to demand payment for damage or breakages occurring as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
12. Care of Property. The Client will take reasonable and proper care of the property, boats, engines, and contents (furniture, fixtures, fittings, paintings and effects in or on the property or boats) and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
13. Smoking. Strictly no smoking is allowed inside the property. Please smoke outside and extinguish any cigarettes carefully.
14. Pets. Well-behaved dogs are welcome, dog bowls and bedding for one dog are provided. Please let us know in advance if you intend to bring your dog. Extra care should be taken in the early summer when deer are calving, or in mid-summer when the calves are young.
15. Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
16. Right of Entry. It is highly unlikely to happen, due to the remoteness of the property and the fact that there is only one boat but…We reserve the right of entry to Laggan at all reasonable times for the purposes of conducting an inspection or to carry out necessary repairs and/or maintenance.
17. Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the property, its grounds the peninsula and equipment is entirely at the Client's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. Client's Responsibility -The Client is responsible for the property and contents should be left clean at the end of the holiday and any breakages or damages or faults reported to the nominated contact. Please email the owner or leave a note for the contact.
18. Contract. The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Ardnish Estates, the Owner of Laggan and the Ardnish Peninsular.