- You must be fit enough to walk 300 yards or so down a steep track to the house. The house is not suitable for those with walking difficulties
- Couples who are addicted to Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc will probably not enjoy a week with limited mobile reception
- If you use the wood burner, you will need to tend it, cleaning out the ash daily and also stoke it a few times a day
- All food and drink will need to be transported from the car to the house by hand down the steep track
- If you are coming to top up your tan - forget it - as the weather is highly variable
- If you are addicted to coffee shops – look elsewhere - There are no Costas, Starbucks etc for miles (and it will take you half a day to get there and back)
- The midges in July and August can be a real pain on damp days with no wind
- Cats are not welcome as they slay the local populations of shrews and water voles (who are not used to these feline killing machines).
If you are in doubt, please do not rent Lower Polnish. If you would like to discuss it in more detail feel free to get in touch.
If you are still reading you must be keen! So if you are up for a holiday unlike most others, and are seeking:
- An island type holiday approach but on the mainland
- No neighbours (the nearest are over half a mile away)
- 3,500 acres to roam freely (more than 5 square miles)
- Relaxing walks and wonderful scenery
- Private foreshore
- Freedom to go where you please in any direction
- Free trout fishing on the hill lochs
- Minimal contact with the outside world during your stay if you want it that way.
...then please do make a booking enquiry.